Invisalign crafts a smile you love
How does Invisalign Treatment work?
Meet with your Invisalign Doctor and get a sneak peek at your new smile.
Using the iTero Element scanner, your Invisalign Doctor can take a fast and precise 3D digital scan of your teeth and map out a custom treatment plan just for you.
Get started on your smile transformation
Once you’re happy with your treatment plan, you’re now ready to progress with the next steps in your Invisalign treatment journey.
- Start wearing your aligners
When you pick up your first custom aligners, your Invisalign Doctor will examine your smile, ensuring high standards from start. Invisalign clear aligners are made with flexible SmartTrack material, and laser-trimmed to the gum line for greater comfort during your treatment.
- Attend regular check-ins with your Invisalign doctor
You’ll have check-ups roughly every 6-8 weeks to check on your progress and collect your next set of aligners. Invisalign Virtual Care5 feature within the My Invisalign app will also allow your doctor to keep track of your progress and give you feedback remotely in between your face to face appointments.
- Carry on with your usual routine
Your Invisalign aligners are virtually transparent and easy to take out, so you can eat and brush your teeth as normal, and with fewer compromises. Don’t forget, you’ll need to wear your Invisalign aligners for 22 hours a day to ensure your treatment stays on track.
How long does Invisalign Treatment take?
Invisalign clear aligners can help straighten minor to complex teeth misalignment. The length of treatment can take on average 6 months2, but this is dictated by your Invisalign doctor depending on how complicated your case is. Most people feel a difference wearing Invisalign aligners after three months, and results are usually noticeable after six months.
Keep your brand-new smile beautiful.
Now that you’ve transformed your smile with the world’s most advanced clear aligner3, here’s how to keep the straighter smile you love.
- Wear your aligners according to your Invisalign treatment plan
- Set reminders for wearing and changing your aligners on My Invisalign App
- Once orthodontic treatment ends, teeth can have a tendency to move again, so it’s important to keep them in place for long lasting results.
Invisalign Treatment FAQ
- +What is Invisalign Treatment?
- Invisalign Treatment is the process of wearing a series of clear, removable aligners that gradually straighten your teeth. No brackets and wires, and none of the restrictions that come with metal braces.
- +What are Invisalign clear aligners made of?
- Invisalign clear aligners are made of flexible plastic — specifically, a patented thermoplastic material called SmartTrack created exclusively for Invisalign Treatment.
- +How will Invisalign treatment straighten my teeth?
- Your Invisalign Doctor will create a unique, digital treatment plan that maps out the exact movements of your teeth. Your Invisalign clear aligners are then designed to apply the right amount of force to the right place at the right time based on your plan. Your Invisalign doctor will be with you every step of the way to monitor your progress and ensure your aligners fit correctly.
- +Am I guaranteed to have straight teeth with Invisalign Treatment?
- Every smile is unique, which is why your Invisalign treatment starts with a consultation. During your consultation, your Invisalign Doctor will help you determine what Invisalign Treatment could do for your smile. We cannot guarantee a particular treatment outcome, but encourage you to share your treatment goals with your Invisalign Doctor at your consultation.
- +Could Invisalign Treatment be right for me?
- Invisalign Treatment can be a great solution for both adults and teens looking for a virtually invisible method to improve their smile.
Our innovations and technological advancements make it possible to fix nearly all common teeth-straightening and bite issues, from simple to complex — all without interrupting your busy life. And, thanks to a discreet blue dot on the outside of teen aligners, parents can be sure their child is wearing their clear aligners enough.
- +How long will treatment take?
- The length of treatment depends on multiple factors, like how complex your case is and how often you wear your aligners.
Your Invisalign Doctor will determine exactly how long your treatment could take based on your specific needs. On average, Invisalign treatment time is 12 to 18 months though you can start seeing results in a matter of weeks.
- +How often will I change my Invisalign aligners?
- Your Invisalign Doctor will tell you how often you should change to new Invisalign aligners (this can vary based on your individual treatment plan). Many Invisalign Doctors recommend changing Invisalign clear aligners weekly or every other week.
- +Can I take my aligners off whenever I need to?
- Yes, you can remove your Invisalign aligners for eating, drinking, brushing, and flossing. You can take them off for special occasions, like a wedding, job interview, or for playing your favourite sport or instrument.
Just remember to wear them 20 to 22 hours a day to get the best results.
- +Are there any restrictions on what I can eat while in treatment?
- None! Invisalign clear aligners are removable, so there are no food restrictions at all (hello popcorn!).
With traditional wires and brackets, there’s a long list of foods you unfortunately can’t enjoy, as they can damage or get stuck in your braces.